analytics

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

*Think Sticky Thoughts*

Ok, our little embryos are in! Here's the picture they gave me today of the ones we transferred:

Our potential future children!

The one on the right is a blastocyst and the other is an early blastocyst - both really good quality! He said each one had about 25% chance of implanting so we have like a 50% chance of getting pregnant with these little guys...

The update on all our embryos: we were down to 7 on Sunday. Today we had the 2 that we transferred (1 blastocyst, 1 early blastocyst), and now there are only 2 others that are still progressing but they are a little slow so he's not sure if they'll be good enough to freeze or not. He said they'd look at them again tomorrow and hopefully they'll have progressed a bit more and then they'd freeze them. I was really counting on having some frozen embryos to be able to do a frozen cycle if this one didn't work. There's no way we could afford another full cycle again for a long time... so hopefully they eggs are able to freeze so we have that as a back up plan! Or! Hopefully we just get pregnant and don't need them!

Our apt today was at 1:15. We decided this morning to go to the temple before our apt - it's convenient since it's just up the road from the fertility center. It was a peaceful way to spend the morning and help us keep things in perspective! I hadn't eaten much so after the temple we raced to Panda Express near by and ate our lunch in about 10 minutes flat before racing over to the fertility center.

While we were sitting in the waiting room Tonya, one of the nurses, comes up and asks, "How about some valium?!" It seemed funny at the time! They give you valium before the procedure to help you relax as well as relax your uterus.

We waited in the exam room and Dr. Foulk came in and showed us the pictures of our embryos and told us how the others were doing. The procedure is pretty simple and took about 10 minutes. They do an abdominal ultrasound while the dr inserts a catheter and uses that to put the embryos into the uterus. Then they check under a microscope to make sure both of the embryos were transferred from the catheter.

When they finished the dr didn't want me to move at all - I believe his words were, "be like a wet noodle" - as they pulled me up farther on the bed and I laid there for at least 30 minutes. Rob and I were both so tired and the lights were still out so be basically snoozed the whole time... I couldn't go to bed last night til 1 am and then Robby woke up randomly at 5 and kept coming in! So 4 hours of sleep... didn't feel great... when they came back in and told us I could get up, go to the bathroom, and go home I was nervous to get up! I felt like, "are you sure they're not gonna come back out??"

We came home and now I've just been making the most of my "Princess Days" as they said. The nurse explained I don't necessarily have to be laying down the entire time but the point is we want all the blood flow to go to the uterus so I don't want to be moving around. So I can sit up, watch tv, read... Taba was able to come down today and took Robby and her kids out to the pool and then I took a much needed nap! Then my sweet primary ladies brought us dinner which was awesome. Rob came home and luckily Robby was ready for bed early (since he woke up at 5 am!) so it all went pretty smoothly today!

Rob has been very helpful tonight but I realize now how many times a day/night I get up to grab something or do something... he keeps making trips back and forth around the house for me, hopefully he doesn't get too tired of it too quickly! :)

Now that these little embryos are in there I just feel like the pressure's on a little bit... I feel like I'm fragile or something. I don't want to jostle them or do anything that's going to prevent them from implanting! We will have 2 blood tests and compare the HCG levels and we'll get the results on 7/8! Please let these 10 days go by fast!

I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you guys for your comments, messages, texts and just all your support!!! It means so much to us to know we have so many people rooting for us! So, thanks. :)

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the outcome! I remember being on bed rest with Carly and Joseph having to do everything for me. After about the 4th time of him JUST sitting down and me asking for "1 more thing" I just started laughing and told him I'm sorry, that I wasn't trying to do that. lol Hang in there! I'm so excited for you! (btw, do you ever watch The Little Couple on TLC? Apparently she's going through the same type thing as you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking very "sticky thoughts" over here. :) Can't wait for the next update--the BIG one. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!! John and I think of you often and we hope that all goes well for your family. We love you and miss seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way! I'll see you this afternoon- maybe with a treat! Can't wait to hang with Robby too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...mmmm... Panda Express!!! :)
    I like the picture of your cute little eggs!
    I'm so happy you have your Rob and Robby to help you be a princess. When Matt's running around to hand me this or that when I'm stuck in a spot to nurse, I say, "Farm Boy, fetch me..." :D (He *likes* it! ;)
    We're so excited and just AWARE of you all the time and praying all the time.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOO exciting! Thinking of you often dear sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are very excited for you guys and hope everything goes as planned. Last night I was helping my Emily say her prayers and asked her to pray for you. Her version was "bless Esther to have a baby in her belly...." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esther I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to comment - but I wanted you to know I've been keeping up on your posts and thinking of you all the time! I'm so excited for you! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay this is exciting stuff! I hope youre preggo as we speak. We're definitely sending sticky thoughts your way. cant wait to hear the news. Sending prayers your way.

    Claire (Parker) Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buy in Doze Pharmacy Online Generic Medicine and Online Prescription drugs From the Best Online Pharmacy Trusted & top-Rated drugstore Online of Generic Medicine.

    ReplyDelete