analytics

Monday, June 20, 2011

Saturday blood draw

So I've been giving myself the stimulating injections since last Monday and I said in my last post I hadn't had any side effects except that day I blogged - pretty much all day Thursday I felt awful (headache, shaky, dizzy), Friday I felt a little better but just in general had a weird yucky headache, then Saturday I went in for my blood draw to check my FSH levels and was feeling quite a bit better.

Look at the SYTYCD bottles! There's Robert, Lauren, and Kent!
I mentioned this to the nurse and she said I was probably getting dehydrated and since I'd been drinking tons of water starting Friday in anticipation for my blood draw Saturday morning that's why I was feeling better. She explained that because we're stimulating and growing all these follicles they are absorbing lots of the fluid in my body so that's why I'd be more easily dehydrated. She recommended I drink some Gatorade and lots of water. I hadn't even thought about that connection and I thought that was a helpful explanation!

Now if only we could do a blood draw that doesn't require at LEAST two pokes and doesn't leave big ugly bruises on my arms... oh well...Apparently I have small veins! Two pokes is considered a success - I hate when it takes 3 or 4 and they go for the wrist or top of my hand... ugh! I know to drink lots of water beforehand but besides that there's not much else I can do.

They told me they would NOT call me with the results if everything was fine but they'd call me if there were any problems or if I needed to increase or decrease my medications based on what my FSH level was. I got NO phone call so I gave myself the usual injections Sunday and this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment