analytics

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tuesday it is...

So we went in today and talked to Dr. Foulk and discussed the health of the eggs and he said we are going to wait until Tuesday. This is good because it will give the embryos more time to develop but I have to say part of me was disappointed because I'd tried to mentally prepare for it happening today.

A little about our embryos - we retrieved 25 eggs, 14 were mature, 10 of those fertilized. As of today 3 had stopped progressing so we are down to 7. Of those 7, 4 were in the "good" zone (6, 7, or 8 cells) and 3 were still developing so by Tuesday we should have 2 that are really good to implant and hopefully 2 others at least to freeze.
Here are some of our little embryos!

So it is good news - we definitely want the best embryos possible! I'm just feeling kind of emotional about the whole thing! 


It isn't helping that my body is still hurting from the retrieval, just crampy in the front and the back and now these Progesterone in Oil shots are killing my bum! Oh my goodness! Maeris watched Robby this morning while we went to the fertility center and when I came back he told her, "My mom has to do diant (giant) shots in her bum!" These needles are way bigger than the tummy shots and the oil makes a huge welt and bruise... ugh! It's getting old fast - really if you can't be comfortable sitting how can you be comfortable?? My friend who has done IVF twice gave me some tips for these shots - ice the area first, lean on one leg so the muscle isn't contracted, do squats and rub the area after... I was just doing a little more research on a fertility forum and tomorrow I'll try using a heating pad afterward too... if I'm pregnant I'll have to do these shots till I'm 9 weeks - so hopefully I'll just have to get used to it. :) And I'm grateful for Rob's help with these! He didn't have to do any of the other shots but I just can't do these ones by myself and I'm grateful he's doing it with me every morning!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, bless your heart Esther! Just thinking about giving myself shots makes me sick to my stomach and weak in the knees. I can't imagine getting them for 9 weeks! And those needles are HUGE! You are a brave soul and I'm so excited for July 8th! Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope things continue to progress and all these painful injections and heart ache can end in a beautiful healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about all you have to go through!! In nursing school we had to give those type of shots to each other for practice. We would have the recipient lay down on their side. Also if you press a finger pretty firm in the same area right before giving the shot you can trick your body into feeling pressure instead of pain of the needle. That trick works for the bum because there aren't as many nerves there so you can sometimes fool them. I hope that makes sense :-)

    ReplyDelete