analytics

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patiently waiting...

...or trying to patiently wait....

It's Sunday night.... so not counting today 5 days left till we know!

Luckily last week we had a birthday party, then one last Rob work party, then 4th of July celebrating started and will continue tomorrow... Tuesday will be tricky to stay distracted... Wednesday is the first blood draw, then an acupuncture apt.... Thursday??? And then FRIDAY. Blood draw in the morning and then wait for them to call with the results. Ahhhh. I plan on going to the pool with my sisters/friends and pretty sure if it's bad news I'm going to have to leave to go home and cry for a few hours. And if it's good news then it'll definitely be a day to CELEBRATE!

Of course I'm looking for "signs" and symptoms of pregnancy but after 3 years of trying to get pregnant I know that really there's no way to tell until you get a positive pregnancy test! That being said, I'm sooo bloated, cranky, having weird dreams, and talking/doing some kind of silly dumb things! Of course all of that could be the end of my cycle, the progesterone shots, stress.... so I'm realistic... 

I didn't update you guys on our last two little embryos - I got a call from the lab the day after the transfer, so last Wednesday, and she said they were able to freeze one beautiful blastocyst. I had been hoping for at least 2 to freeze so when/if we do a frozen cycle we'd be able to transfer 2 eggs but we only have the 1 which is better than NONE so we'll take it! And it's a well developed embryo (blastocyst) so that's good.

Not mine but this is a good pic of a blastocyst!
Ok, so I know maybe you thought the next update would be the results but I am having a hard time waiting so again I find myself turning to writing to cope... lots of deep breathing... just trying to think positive thoughts and hopefully the days will go by fast...

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you every day...I'm having a bit of a hard time waiting too...so I can't imagine how you must be feeling! Sending lots of prayers for you, and wishing/hoping/positive thinking the best!! :)
    So I thought Thursday was the day you'd find out, but it's Friday? We'll have to have a pool-side support group going for you, either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you so I am glad you updated!! I am so glad you got to freeze one! I am hoping and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking this blog obsessively now... Can't imagine how you're feeling when I'M freakin out this much, but we are just so, so excited for you guys and hoping, praying for good news this week. We love you lots. And I'm so glad you got to freeze at least one egg (although I hope you don't end up needing to use it). Good luck with everything the next few days. Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO bad at waiting patiently for things. Anticipation kills me. This must be so hard for you! You've got so many people praying for you. It's getting so close now. I hope this last little bit flies by!

    ReplyDelete