analytics

Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm pregnant!

It worked! It worked!!! We're actually pregnant!


 Pictures Tab took to remember this wonderful day!!!!

So to answer the main question we've gotten - we'll find out if it's twins or a "singleton" in about 3 weeks when they do a 7 week ultrasound. So that means I'm like 4 weeks pregnant. I'll be due around middle of March. And apparently HCG levels do not indicate whether it's twins or not because HCG levels for twins are the same normal range for singleton babies. Interesting, huh?

I want to remember as much as possible about this day so here goes - it's going to be super long!

Rob and Robby came with me to my appointment for my blood draw at 9:30 which was great because the one on Wednesday kind of started me on a downward nervous spiral. Robby got to watch and he got a good show as it took her 4 pokes to get me. He wanted to see how they got blood from my arm - he's so interested in this whole process.

I was able to ask Anne-Marie, a nurse, a few questions before we left - like what if it doesn't work? How do we do a frozen cycle? We are going to be in MD for most of July so next month wouldn't work - she said we didn't need to do any birth control or anything beforehand just we could do it after getting my period next time. And what if I am pregnant and only 1 egg took would I still get a period or have some bleeding? Apparently no, she said the other egg would dissolve and if there were bleeding or spotting it would be for other reasons. I felt a little better with some more info. I said so you'll call at either lunch time or like 4, right and she said, "we'll call you as soon as we can!"

We got home around 10 and I waited for my sister Taba to get here - we gathered up for the pool. I was feeling kind of sick to my stomach... the nerves I think. It was overcast and even a tiny bit drizzly but we headed over to the pool anyway. Rob was going to work from home for the morning - I told him to come over to the pool as SOON AS POSSIBLE - I wanted him by my side for when they called! Which I thought would not be till 1 or 4.

At about 12 I went to let Becca & the kids in to the pool then I checked my phone - WHAT? Missed call at 11:52? They called! THEY CALLED! I started freaking out! Taba and Becca screamed - what should I do? What should I do? Should I go home? Get Rob? YES. Ok. I hugged the girls, we were all in nervous tears, and ran home. My hands were shaking so hard trying to unlock the door, why did he lock the deadbolt? Ahhh!!! I kind of slammed the door and he popped out of the office into the hallway - he looked like he was seeing a ghost, he said I looked nervous. I said, "we need to call them back! Now!" Andrew was working in the office with him... we went in our room and shut the door.

I could barely contain myself trying to scroll down in my contacts to "Utah Fertility" all the way to the U's... "Utah Fertility Center, this is Kim, how can I help you?" I told her Tonya had just called me and I was calling her back... she said she was finishing up another call and to wait so she put us on hold for the LONGEST 3 MINUTES OF MY LIFE as I tried to breathe squeezing Rob's hand as we sat on our bed...

Finally Tonya gets on the phone, "Hi Esther this is Tonya," in her soft quiet voice I was thinking OH NO is this bad? Then in a kind of teasing voice, "I hear you're dying for some news!" Okaaaay get to the point lady! "I'm happy to tell you that you are pregnant." And I lost it.

I nodded my head to Rob and tried to smile. I ugly cried and tried to say, "thank you," I don't know if she heard or understood me. She let me just cry for a minute. It's a little hazy how/what she said after that but she said we'll want to check my HCG levels again in 10 days so I'll have to do it when I'm in MD (need to figure out the best place to that - hospital?) and she said to take it easy...

She said "your HCG levels are beautiful. It was 27 on Wednesday and we want to see them double and they did, today was 75 so that's perfect." That gave me some comfort that so far it was growing strong!

I was apparently sounding pretty upset from what Andrew could hear with only crying no cheering - you guys my heart was soaring but the emotions were just so overpowering crying was all I could do! - so Andrew walked outside over towards the pool where Becca and Taba were just waiting as anxious as could be. They saw Andrew walking towards them with his head down, not meeting their eyes, and he kind of shook his head... they said their hearts just broke because they thought it was bad news! He said she would probably be crying if it was good too just he didn't hear anything helpful - luckily we could see him walking past our balcony so when we got off the phone with Tonya I opened my balcony door - we could see the girls at the pool standing at the gate and Andrew on the other side of it and they all looked upset. They saw me crying and Taba said she thought I was going to shake my head no but then I shouted out, "IT WORKED!!" and they all screamed and then were crying tears of relief and joy. It was very intense.

I wanted to see Robby, he was at the pool with him - they called him to come to the gate and Taba lifted him up and I yelled again, "It worked!!! Mommy's pregnant!" I wish I could've told him to his face more directly but I didn't want to wait. I came down to the pool a minute later and he looked up at me and said, "You have a baby!" I pulled him close to me and hugged and kissed him. I explained, "This means the eggs turned into babies or a baby and we'll find out soon if it was 1 baby or 2 babies. Sometimes babies can stop growing in their mommies so now we just need to pray that the baby will grow healthy and strong so it can grow all the way into a brother or sister for you! But this is really exciting and great that mommy is pregnant!"

Tonight before he went to bed he said to me, "I hope the baby doesn't escape." I said, "The baby's not going to try to escape! Just sometimes they aren't strong enough to grow all the way..." He said, "well, if I pray for it and you and daddy and everyone in our family like Papa and Grandpa Parsons and Andrew and Becca and everyone-" and I said, "Yes, lots and lots of people will be praying for the baby to grow! But Heavenly Father knows what's best and he'll take good care of us."

He knows this is a happy wonderful thing - I just want him to be prepared and not crushed if I were to have another miscarriage. And you know what, I feel like he gets it. Today he said he thinks it's going to be 1 baby and that it will be a baby brother. We shall see.

So after finding out the news so early we were all able to breathe a little bit! Rob and Andrew finished up some work in the house and I made some phone calls and texts to spread the news! Finding out so early let us really enjoy and celebrate the rest of the day! It started to get more and more drizzly and we had the great idea to go and leave all the kids at Taba's house and go to the Cheesecake Factory! Having big cousins around to babysit is awesome! :) Rob had to be back by 7 to leave for Girl's Camp (he had to go up and be like a security guard overnight tonight) so we raced up there and had a yummy dinner! We walked around the mall for a few minutes after where I will admit I bought a few really on sale items at Baby Gap to celebrate. :)
 


 YAY!!!!!!


We came home and Rob had to leave but that was ok - I snuggled Robby and we read lots of stories. He's going to be the best big brother! Then sometimes it's nice to have a quiet evening to yourself - especially when you have a NOVEL of a blog post to write such as this! I watched Runaway Bride and hopefully will be able to fall asleep soon cause I know I'm exhausted!

I wish I had more pictures - I have lots in my mind! And I know there will be tons to come!

We are so happy and so relieved! We know our journey isn't over but this is a huge step in the right direction! We feel so blessed and so lucky to have so many people praying for us and supporting us through this. I am floored by the amount of people that respond to my posts and updates and it strengthens us knowing we have so many people rooting for us! So thank you for all of your support!

20 comments:

  1. Ah! I still can't get over how excited I am for you! Hear the story (by reading it here) was just as exciting as the first time I heard it! WOOT for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, I used to be in your ward at BYU and I'm friends with Stephanie Nyland on Facebook. When I saw her post I had to click over to see what it was about, and sure enough, you did IVF the same cycle as me at the same fertility center!! I'm one day ahead of you...and also pregnant!! Yay us!! Congratulations, I just had to tell you because I know EXACTLY what you have just gone through the last month or so. Good luck to you!! (and me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best news I've heard ALL freakin' day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful beginning for baby parsons! I am so thrilled that it worked. Love ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the details and emotions with us on here! I am so excited and thankful for this litte miracle. Love you friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you and your family!!! You are in my thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Esther!! Your post made me cry. I'm sooo happy for you guys! Such exciting news! We are praying for you guys. Thanks for you amazing example and your faith and strength through this whole process. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esther, this my come as a surprise, but I've been nervously and hopefully checking for a facebook update from you! I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! That is so so so exciting! We are so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading the detailed story! I am so happy for you! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Esther! David and I are so so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO wonderful!!! I'm gonna bet Robby is right and it will be a baby brother. Just because little kids seem to get it right most of the time! One baby or two, I know you're thrilled either way and this must have been one of the happiest days of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't help but get teary reading this. I'm so excited for your family! Have a great time in MD & take it easy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made me cry again just reading this...still SO SO SO happy and excited for you guys!!! And yes, we all keep praying that everything will keep going great! I'm so impressed with how well you've handled all of this with Robby. He is so sweet and so full of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredibly happy day that brought tears to my eyes!! I am so excited for you guys and I will keep praying that the pregnancy is a breeze and come March you will have one or two healthy babies or baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Esther! I was out of town all week but have been thinking a lot about you. I checked your post today. Of course the tears hit when you were telling of all your emotions. I felt like I was right there with you! :) I'm SO happy for you and Rob! What an exciting time. I'm just so happy for you! Lots of love and prayers your way that things will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm getting teary-eyed just reading this and I have already known since you sent the text! We are preying for you all, especially that or those? little bab(ies?) :) We're excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm way too excited for you guys. I cried reading this post. I know how long you have both wanted this and we couldn't be more thrilled for you! Amy texted me and I about fell over with excitement! This little guy is gonna make it...I just know it! CONGRATS! Love you both

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you! Just to be able to get pregnant when you've been trying for so long is HUGE! Here's hoping for TWO babies ;)

    ReplyDelete