analytics

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Growing strong...

My day 20 HCG test came back with good results!!! (20 days after the transfer)

Since I'm out of town I had to just go to this LabCorp office to get my blood test. It was actually kind of convenient because I was able to make an apt online and it took only like 20 minutes total. Much better than if I'd had to go do it at a hospital or something! They told me they'd call my dr's office with the results and I would get a call that same day. My apt was at 10 am eastern time so they'd get the results nice and early!

So again I knew it'd probably be a phone call around either lunch time or 4 pm west coast time. I also noticed just a definite change in my mood from the minute I did the blood test - I just was anxious. I don't really even feel that pregnant at all yet so I was nervous for a low HCG count.

Anne Marie from the Fertility center called me around 5 pm my time - so I had the whole day to be nervous - and she immediately told me, "Ok we had a good high HCG count today! Your level was over 4,000!" I was so relieved I didn't ask her the exact HCG count but that's ok. As long as she thinks it's good! She told me to keep taking my progesterone and we talked about scheduling my ultrasound. I will be 7 weeks next Thursday so if I was in Utah I could go in that day (July 28th) for my ultrasound but I asked if I should do it out here in MD and she said let's just wait till I get back to UT because she wants me to do it with Dr. Foulk. So I have it scheduled for Mon Aug 8th! Then we'll know! Twins or a singleton!!!!!

Again this was great news and such a relief! Very encouraging! Like I said especially since I don't feel like I have a lot of "symptoms" yet but I know it's still really early. I would just feel better if I was throwing up. :) I know you're probably saying be careful what you wish for but I'm serious. I am tired and my tummy feels a little off after eating but that's all really. Wish I could get an HCG count every day to just make sure it's growing and growing!

If you're thinking I'm sounding neurotic just remember I did have a miscarriage so I feel like my fears are valid. I know there's nothing I can do besides I'm just trying to take it easy, think positively, and say lots of prayers! I always say I was happy that I enjoyed every minute of my last pregnancy even if it ended in a miscarriage and so I do feel like I want to do that again and I'm trying! I'm so grateful to be pregnant and I do have a good feeling about this!!!

So I'll make sure to keep you guys posted - can't wait for that ultrasound!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good news! So happy for you! Can NOT wait for you to get home so you can get your ultrasound and so I can play with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray!! This is wonderful. All that positive energy has got to be good for your baby/babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! I think that you're thoughts are definitely valid. I'm about 6 months pregnant and it's been hard to even get into this pregnancy because I'm still constantly worried of the let down of miscarriage. It kind of messes you up. Sooooo....Hurray for high hcg counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the lack of pregnancy symptoms just means it must be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther, Steph here... I am so happy for you! So, so, so happy!

    ReplyDelete